Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What was old is now new!

This summer at a yard sale I found this table. I wanted it, but at the time I had no idea what I would do with it. I know it needed a makeover because it screams "1970!!" There it sat in my garage until last week. I began sanding away at the old finish, then with the inspiration of my friend Cara and her flat black paint creations, I was on a quest! This end table was going to get a new coat of flat black paint! After it dried I distressed it a little and then finished it off with Johnson's paste wax and tada...It's done! It's not too shiny and not too matte. Ain't she a beauty? I spray painted the handle just a bit so the gold flecks show through. When I find the right handle, this one is getting the boot! My next project is the coffee table. We inherited a coffee table from Sanford's grandmother. It has an oval top with the same type of legs. It's getting some flat black paint and a little distressing to match! I'll be sure and share the results!

Before the transformation:



















After - I'll eventually dress the table top up with some little pretties...

3 comments:

Nick and Jesse Coleman said...

Wow--I love it! Nice work, Michelle! Looks like you've got yourself a fun new hobby.

Holly Crosley said...

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Whoooo hooooo!!! That table turned out sooo great!!! You know I'm partial to the black.. but I really love they way it looks on that style of furniture!!! Congrats!